Thursday 9 May 2013

Where's the milk?

Hi!

I have a physics exam in an hour. Should be interesting. After that my friends and I are going into town for the Liberation Day celebrations. All the other schools are off today, like the rest of our school, but we have an exam becuase we do IGCSE. I saw a little article about it in the Guernsey Press. It's only an hour though. Plus most of my school finish their GCSEs before the other schools because  most of ours are in may. Which is good.
Anyway what was the title of this post?
Oh yes! The milk! You may know that Guernsey is famous for its cows and its milk. Well the machine at the dairy (well part of it) has broken down so the milk is running out. They're using a smaller one at the moment but it doesn't make anywhere near as much milk as the big machine. When I first heard about I realised that there is an advantage to being lactose intolerant becuase my milk is imported. However people have been panicking and madly dashing to the stores to get milk. Wen they can't find Guernsey milk they buy lactofree, soya milk etc. hmph! Normally there's plenty of my milk available but according to mammsis there wasn't much left yesterday. The states have lifted the restrictions on imported milk so we're getting milk from Jersey (boo! hiss!) and the UK.
Why do I boo Jersey? Guernsey people don't like Jersey people and Jersey people don't like Guernsey people. It's like Emgland and France or Sweden and Norway. A friendly rivalry now but a deadly rivalry in years past.....

Bye banan!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)