Thursday 9 May 2013

A foreigner's perspective on Liberation Day part two

Hi!

This is continued from my previous post. As I mentioned in that post, my iPad is not cooperating with this website.
Liberation Day is eagerly celebrated by islanders, old and young alike, on the 9th of May.
My friends and I went into town after our exam to see what was happening. We had candy floss and sat laughing on one of the slipways. Exams were not mentioned once! An enjoyable afternoon! There is always local produce like jewellery on sale and plenty of ice cream.
There's always a party atmosphere and it feels like the whole island is congregated along the seafront.
I think I'll miss Liberation Day after moving. It's a lot of fun and if anyone ever decides to visit Guernsey I would recommend going for Liberation Day because it's a lot of fun. They even sound the air siren which is really cool for a history geek like me.
I will be back tomorrow so remember to visit this website tomorrow too. I am very grateful to all of my readers. Please leave comments and I would really appreciate people liking my Facebook page. Hopefully I'll be posting some entertaining stuff, especially after exams are over.
Thanks again for reading.

Bye banan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)