Sunday 14 April 2013

Some thoughts

Hi,

I'm currently doing my GCSEs (boo! hiss!)
If you don't know what GCSEs are then you are lucky
GCSE stands for general certificate of secondary education
I'm studying ten subjects. Some of them are international GCSEs which are supposed to be even harder.
So basically I should be studying right now because I have a mock on Of Mice and Men on Wednesday (eek) but I'm bored of righting out quotes (humph)
I was wondering what the point of GCSEs actually are because for many subjects all we do is rote learn which will not help me in life at all. I don't think that knowing how to answer source questions and what a few million words in geography mean will help me as a nurse/ history teacher/ journalist or whatever I end up doing.
So does anyone know why we have GCSEs and primarily why there is so much pressure on 15, 16 year olds to do well in these exams which, according to my teacher, will impact the rest of my life. I know that I need 5 Cs to get to Sixth form. Oh wait, I don't because I already have a guaranteed space at a school in Sweden. So what is the point of a qualification which no one outside of Britain really knows about?

Rant over.

What do people think will happen will DPRK (North Korea), their mental leader (Kim Jong Un) and their propaganda machine (nuclear weapons)?

I think DN was saying that they might fire on Monday.http://www.dn.se/

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)