Wednesday 24 April 2013

A peculiar thing

Hi!

Thanks for reading my little blog.
I had a conversation with a friend of mine today (I'm talking about you Etta) at break time. It was about a British tv show for kids that I had never heard of (one of many) which had featured in a house
quiz (more about houses in another post). She asked what colour some random character was. Everyone else said purple and she claimed that it would make more sense for this character to be blue and I won't go into the reasons why becuase they're too boring and frankly I didn't really listen (I'm such a good friend). So she asked me what colour I thought it should be. I said purple and she said that was wrong. That made me think, she asked me what I THOUGHT. Surely she can't go around telling people that their opinions are wrong. Opinions aren't like spellings. You can think whatever your want. Rant over......
I'm a bit of a history freak so I I've read a lot about the 'Great Leap Forward' in China and the USSR and North Korea.
The main thing that I consider when I read the news about North Korea now is that I pity the people. There was a terrible famine over there in the 1990s which they blamed on American sanctions. They then claimed that the American aid had been taken from American ships in Korean waters or something like that. The poor people didn't know any better. This is why I feel sorry for them. I have a thirst for knowledge and the thought of not being able to obtain balanced information on historical
and current issues is not a happy one. Naturally I also pity them becuase they have atrocious conditions and no freedoms. They are fed with information that supports the regime from an early age so that they won't oppose government policy. They don't even question the policies. It's awful.
Anyway back to the rant before I start crying becuase I feel so sorry for the North Koreans. The idea that your opinions can be wrong is not something that I agree with.
I appreciate that this post probably doesn't make sense but I'm tired and panicking about exams. I need a platform on which to vent my frustrations. This blog is perfect becuase my frustrations are often entertaining to look back on.

Bye banan!

Hejdå leverpastej!

P.S. if you can access BBC iplayer I strongly recommend watching the panorama programme about North Korea. It's very interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)