Sunday 14 April 2013

Jersey

Hi,

So a few weeks ago I went to Jersey with my dad and a friend. Very fun! Fem toasters :)
It's quite interesting noticing the differences between Jersey and Guernsey seeing as most people only seem to know about Jersey and not Guernsey. They are two very different islands.
Guernsey has a beautiful harbour with lots of old buildings from centuries gone by when Guernsey was a very busy and profitable port. Jersey however looks like England with its very built up seafront and modern apartment buildings. Jersey is bigger than Guernsey so it's easier to have both a built up area and a countryside instead of Guernsey's very densely populated landscape which makes it all seem like one town. I do like Jersey but simply becuase I live in Guernsey I am obligated to say that Guernsey is better (Sverige är dock bäst!).
Anyway my friend and I have a reputation with our families for getting lost. Just for the record we didn't although we did walk all the way along the seafront to find some bottled water when there was a shop right behind the hotel, humph. She constantly claimed that she was lost so I had to always reassure her that I knew where we were. It was very entertaining because our reaction to entering the hotel room was to go "cookies!". We were ecstatic when we saw pillow mints on the pillows in the evening.
As 16 year olds we are obviously not allowed to have alcohol in restaurants without adults. That reminds me, does anyone know what the age limits are in Sweden when it comes to alcohol? If you know please help me out by writing it in the comments below :). We were offered "something from the bar" and started giggling. That was when the waiter noticed that we were probably underage.

To those who speak Swedish: have you seen the videos of Kazoo on YouTube? They are absolutely brilliant! I showed them to a friend and she found them very funny even though I had to pause it periodically to translate. http://m.youtube.com/results?q=kazoo%20in%20the%20house

Bye!

Hejdå leverpastej!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)