Tuesday 16 April 2013

Fog!

Hi!

I am currently taking a break from revision after eating dinner. I just read an email from my mum who is currently stuck at Gatwick. Why you ask. The answer is fog! The flight from Guernsey was severely delayed so she missed her connecting flight. Great!
Fog is a very serious problem for Guernsey. Sometimes we can be fogged in for days and the only way to get off the island is on the ferry (which I will not discuss). The post doesn't come for several days and the shops start to become empty of stock. That's the problem with living on a tiny island like
Guernsey. There are two ways to get off the island. By boat and by plane. If it's foggy the planes are grounded and if it's windy the boats are cancelled or severely delayed (they are normally very punctual! Haha). It's not so much a nuisance as a source of entertainment. We have annual storms in the winter and this year the problem was excarcebated by the airport being closed for runway extension work (which I support). We were isolates for several days! When it's snowing the airport is closed. This year when we had a blizzard it was very rough on the boat according to eyewitnesses (my dad and sister) who were on the boat for several days straight. They got free food though.
I guess that what I'm trying to say is that........  actually I don't know what I'm trying to say.

Bye banan!

P.S. thank you for reading, it means a lot to me

P.P.S. shoutout to mum who's stuck at Gatwick and to my buddy G if she's reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)