Sunday 14 April 2013

Making cinder toffee

Hi,

I'm really excited becuase I made this blog this morning and I already have far more views than I expected. Some one very kind even liked my Facebook page! Yay!
So I just made some cinder toffee randomly becuase I felt like it. And I was thinking about the differences in food between Guernsey and Sweden.
I had never heard of cinder toffee until my friend introduced it to me back in December. Now I am hooked!
So Guernsey has quite a culinary mix because of its closeness to France despite belonging to the British crown.
My first taste of fish and chips was not successful. I had about a quarter of the portion and felt sick. It took me about two years before I dared to try it again. I love it now. I'm one of those people who take the fish out of the batter before eating it. We were very shocked when we moved here becuase at one of the restaurants we were served pizza with chips (fries to non Brits). We thought this was very strange. I guess that a Swede can't really talk about other countries havin strange eating habits though. Rotting fish is after all a delicacy in Sweden. I've never personally tried it but if I ever get the opportunity I will try it. Have you tried surströmming? If you have then leave a comment and tell me what you thought of it.
That brings me onto awesome Swedish food that we can't find here. I love salted liquorice. Can't get it here! Prinskorv is not available! No mannagryn! No nyponsoppa! No vikabröd! No filmjölk! No dry yeast! No pärl socker! Etcetera etcetera.
Anyway, if you live in a foreign country please leave a comment saying what food you miss the most!
Hum, I should get back to my revision. Neh!

Bye!

Tjing tjong cykelstång!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)