Monday 22 April 2013

School

Hi!

I haven't posted properly in far too long. Blame school! I just got home and am absolutely exhausted. I've been very busy with school so I haven't posted anything. I had three tests today. Physics, geography and English lit. Two of them were catching up on missed tests from last week. Humph! I also haven't had much inspiration becuase my mum is away so I haven't been listening to her complaints all weekend.
I jut realised that the title of this post is school. Oh yes! Differences between the Swedish and Guern school systems. There are plenty!

Guernsey


  • Start at 4
  • Start secondary school at 11 
  • My primary school was 8.45 to 15.00
  • We started French in year 5
  • Not as much playtime as Sweden
  • Ability sets in maths an English
  • Compulsory until 16
  • 2 years of sixth form
  • 5 years of secondary school
  • 7 years of primary school
  • Expected to be able to read by age 5
  • More advanced at primary school
  • A-levels and some IB at sixth form
  • GCSEs
  • No free lunch
  • Break
  • 11+
  • Lots of health and safety
  • There's lots more but I need to save my brain energy for revision...

Sweden

  • I started at 6.5
  • 3 years at sixth form
  • 3 years in secondary school
  • 7 years at primary school
  • My school started English in year 3 and French in year 6 methinks
  • Free lunch
  • We went into the forest for PE
  • We went ice skating
  • We finished at around 12
  • We had frilufts dagar which ae days spent in the forest doing outdoorsy stuff
  • Fruit at break time

There is so much more and I'll update it when I think of more (when my mother reads it and points out my errors) stuff.

Thanks for reading!

Bye banan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)