Monday 1 July 2013

The return of the fog

Hi!

I know I've already written about fog on this blog but it is annoying me again. My dad was in London this weekend, supposed to return this morning. Fog!
We had lovely weather last week (of course I didn't not get burnt mum) with lots of sun and warmth, for what feels like the first time this year.
Then came the fog.
This is the problem with living on an island. The planes depend on there not being any fog so that they can fly. Although a positive is that when we had the ash cloud from Iceland our planes could still fly because they fly much lower than normal planes, courtesy of their small size.
The ferry depends on the seas being calm as they would probably roll on wet grass. This is not ideal in the English Channel, where the D-Day landing convoys had to be delayed due to choppy seas. Storms are frequent in winter (erm all year long) and fog is a constant menace.......
So I'm waiting for my dad to hopefully make it back today. After all, it would be tragic if he missed my last commemoration service with school.....

Bye banan!

P.S. check out these awesome blogs
georgiabrouard.blogspot.com
eleanorshaw.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)