Monday 8 July 2013

Packing

Hi!

I am officially done with compulsory education. It doesn't feel like anything has really changed though. My exams finished almost a whole month ago and my last lesson was in early may. Mum and I have been packing today. We're leaving on Wednesday to go to Sweden and are bringing a lot of stuff for the move at this point for various reasons. We have too much stuff, it's official after today.
We've vacuum packed a lot of our clothes. It's really cool to watch because the clothes really decrease a lot in size. It is quite weird to see my prom dress vacuum packed though.
We also went shopping and did some recycling. I was tired when I woke up so now I'm exhausted. Not physically more mentally. It's quite mentally taxing to pack the room you've lived in for eight years. Despite the fact that I never wanted to live here in the first place, I'm going to miss it.
I was asked a week ago after commemoration how it feels to be 'finally free'. I wasn't sure at the time and I'm still not sure. I'm going to miss my friends but at the same time I've never felt like I actually fit in here. I won't miss getting lost in the identical looking lanes every other day. I certainly won't miss school uniform. At the same time it's going to be strange to not wear school uniform. In short, I don't know how to feel about leaving Guernsey. I'm happy but sad at the same time.
Plenty of people have asked me if I'm excited to move to Sweden. My immediate answer is always a big grin. I'm so excited. That was why I started this blog. It was for me to record my feelings about moving home and hopefully offer some insights on the differences between these two wonderful countries.
So yeh, same thing tomorrow I guess. Pack the last stuff, find some wellies and hopefully we'll start packing the car so that Wednesday isn't too stressful.
Thanks for reading this blog. I'm now going to post some photos from Jersey zoo on my Facebook page (thoughtsofaswedemovinghome) so please go check that out because I think I got some cute pics.

Bye Banan!

2 comments:

  1. NOOOOO malin don't leave meeeeeeee (from etta)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to visit lots. Anyway it's not as if I'm leaving the planet

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)