Thursday 27 June 2013

Puncture

Hi!

Today was a good day. I did virtually nothing. I went for a long bike ride yesterday. My route was cut short by the abundance of road closures. Seriously it's like they like digging up roads for a couple of weeks and then filling the hole back in. Sometimes they close the roads just for the fun of it, it seems. Perelle Coast Road actually has a reason for being closed because they're repairing the sea wall. It was badly damaged in a storm last autumn.
Anyway back to what I was saying. The bike ride was lovely and long. I didn't need to use google maps at all because I didn't get lost. Google maps is brilliant. I don't know what I would do without it. But all in all I haven't been doing much.
Back to the topic of this post (I ramble when I'm tired), I went to scouts today at Fort Grey for beach competitions. Fort Grey is a decent distance from my house. I cycled there with my dad. I then had a great time as usual. We did a race with an inflatable object. My group had a dinghy and the other group had my shark. Every member of the group had to hold on to the dinghy/shark for the duration of the race which was to a boat and back. We then did 'synchronised' swimming. The other team made up their routine on the spot. Very entertaining. Ours was too short, according to them. We them jumped in the sea. It was a long jump competition and the water was
very mucky.
We then got dried changed and I started my bike ride home. I didn't know that it would take two hours. I noticed something was wrong as soon as I started cycling. It was like my back wheel was jumping. It's difficult to describe. There was a weird noise as well. Anyway, I thought it would go away of I carried on cycling. It didn't. I turned off the coast road as soon as I saw a sign saying airport in the hope that I would be able to find a route home that doesn't include the Rohais. Although in hindsight I must say that this hill was worse than the Rohais (which autocorrect wants to correct to rehabs), maybe that was because I walked. When I tried to cycle the back tyre was basically whining. That's what it sounded like. Anyway I walked home. I think I took the longest route possible. I would have called my dad to come pick me up but I didn't know where I was most of the time and I didn't think it would take that long.
I'm glad that out garage is full of bikes because I need my bike, especially now that I'm not in school. Add that to the fact that my mum is away and dad works all day, I need my bike. I'll be using my other bike until we can fix my normal one. That reminds me, I need to take it to a bike store to get the gears fixed pretty soon because I leave in just over two weeks and then my bike will never return here. Mwahaahhahaha.
I'm completely mental.
Thanks for reading.

Bye Banan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)