Saturday 5 October 2013

Bikes, bikes and more bikes

Hi!

I live in a town called Uppsala. It's a University town with one of the oldest universities in Europe. Lots of students means lots of bicycles! On my way to school it feels like I'm seeing more bicycles than cars which I consider to be a very good thing.
Uppsala has bicycle paths next to the majority of the roads. They are well built and nice to cycle on. It does get confusing in roundabouts and when srossing major roads but i really prefer cycling here compared to Guernsey. There are also paths for cycling in the forest that's close to where I live. I love cycling in the forest. It's just awesome.
I will now take a moment to have a bit of a rant. HELMETS! There are far too many people who do not use helmets. Every day, someone ends up in the hospital as a result of cycling accidents. The ones who wear helmets get considerably less serious injuries. My source: my mum is a nurse at A&E here at the university hospital. PLEASE WEAR A HELMET AND BE CAREFUL IF YOU CYCLE! I know taht it isn't cool but ending up paralysed, in a coma or dead is far worse than enduring not being in the 'cool crowd'.
Rant over.
Next topic: sweets and Swedish food in general.

Bye Banan!

3 comments:

  1. yayyyyyy you finally bloged after waiting for over a month :P (i agree it is so annoying when people don't wear helmets, i can't help but think if they care about there lives at all)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you like it. It makes me very happy that people actually read my blog and enjoy it. Knep checking back as there ill be updates. Or just like my Facebook page and you'll get a notification when I post something new. Btw is this Elise?

      Delete
    2. obviously mwahahahahahaaaaaaa :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. :)